Re: Possible breakage in HTTP::Date or Time::Local

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> I have a script that I wrote earlier this year that logs into my Vonage
> account and downloads my call history and inserts it into a local
> database.  When I upgraded my machine from Sarge to Etch, the script
> broke.  The error messages I see are like so:
>
> $ vonage-calls.pl -v
> Connecting to database...
> Getting login screen...
> Submitting form...
> Day too big - 38605 > 24855
> Sec too small - 38605 < 74752
> Sec too big - 38605 > 11647

This seems to be something calling Time::Local with an abiguous time
and it is outside of the range of sane dates.

I'm not totally sure what is calling timegm which results in these
days, but it's probably invalid; you could easily use the debugger to
do a stack trace of whatever is calling Time::Local::timegm().

> Sleeping...
> Getting call details page...
> Adding call 11856261279 to the database...
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "$2" at character 119
> (Repeat these last two lines for each individual call)

The above is the actual error; without actually seeing the bind params
you're executing it's hard to say what exactly is going wrong.

Don Armstrong

--
Quite the contrary; they *love* collateral damage. If they can make
you miserable enough, maybe you'll stop using email entirely. Once