Re: The status of libapache2-mod-perl2

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 09:32:30PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Of course, before any action, I'd like to hear Thom's or Andres' points
> of view.

You probably want to hear my input too. :-)

At Debconf5, I was more or less persuaded into taking the package (up to
the level where I actually had the first maintainer upload ready). I did,
however, set a condition that was sort of silly -- that Thom would sign my
GPG key. Naturally, we all forgot about it, the key was never signed, I
didn't go to DC6 and Thom didn't go to DC7. So, it all sort of faded away,
and the package was kept in a sort of limbo where I sort of had the
responsibility and sort of not. Not taking clearer action at the time,
despite nagging from Thom, is something I'll have to take the blame for.

However, at the time of writing I'm in the process of starting to work, so I
really cannot take on any new responsibilities until I know how life is going
to look like. Thus, I'm afraid I can't take over the package -- perhaps as
co-maintainer if you need me (although I'm skeptical of co-maintenance in
general), and of course as a user, but nothing else.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/