Re: RFS: nikto (updated package)

On 8/4/07, Deepak Tripathi <apenguinlinux@gmail.com> wrote:

> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nikto/nikto_1.36-1.dsc

I don't do any sponsoring, but I have some comments:

You should close #410495, probably on the "New upstream release." line

#383050 is trivial to fix, perhaps you could do that and send the
fixed manual page upstream?

#383677 contains a patch, perhaps you could apply it and send it upstream?

Your changelog does not include the messages from 1.35-2, you should
base your package on the latest version in debian.

You should probably mention the standards version change and what you
needed to change to make it compliant with the new standards version.
If nothing was done, just add 'Bumped Standards-Version to 3.7.2'

You include a copy of the upstream nikto.pl in the diff.gz. This is
the wrong way to do it. If you want to rename things, use mv in
debian/rules.

You might want to use the debhelper dh_installman to install the
manual page in a policy-compliant way.

Upstream includes a manual page, and there is one in the debian/ dir.
Perhaps you could merge them or something??

Upstream updated copyright info, but you didn't change debian/copyright.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise