Re: Deciphering versions.html

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:45:45 +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:

>> There is a trick in the Repository column - included are only changelog
>> blocks not containing NOT RELEASED YET and having distribution other
>> than UNRELEASED. This way a package will not show up as ready for upload
>> until the person working on it indicates so in the changelog.
> So for the back-end code to catch all relevant packages for listing on
> versions.html, those who uploaded to the debian-perl subversion repo must
> have inserted NOT RELEASED YET into the changelog of the package that they
> uploaded?

The other way round (unless I misunderstood you):
If the changelog contains UNRELEASED the script will ignore this
version number. So at commit time you have to decide if the specific
version is ready for upload (-> "unstable" or whatever) or is still
work in progress (-> "UNRELEASED").

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    "Rome wasn't burned in a day. "