Re: Understanding the debian-perl subversion repository

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:02:56 +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:

> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/subversion.html <-- Does this document
> reflect the changes made to the repository by Joey Hess?

Yes, it should be up to date; Joey has changed it when he
restructured the repository and I've made some minor changes
afterwards.

> Does
> anyone else think that this document might benefit from a version string (I
> was thinking svn property Id string) or a datestamp? This would help me,
> (in contrast to the claim that debian is "process run amok," this group
> seems to make decisions quickly and changes occur rapidly.) A datestamp
> will help me stay up-to-date.

I think the timestamp is a good idea.
If noone else is faster I'll add it in the evening.

> Is there any other documentation for the subversion repository? I wonder
> specifically about changelog format and the NOT RELEASED YET tag or other
> tags.

Take a look  at http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/policy.html - it
explains e.g. the changelog stuff.

The "UNRELEASED" distribution entry in debian/changelog is just for
a) letting others see that the package is not ready for upload yet
b) let versioncheck.pl (the script that produces versions.html)
   ignore this particular new version

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    Dammit Jim, I'm an actor, not a doctor.