Re: [RFS] Looking for a sponsor for David's libsvg-perl.

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Bioperl needs libsvg-perl [#342475], and David prepared a pacakge.
> Because of a communication problem which is my fault, there was a kind
> of race condition, David was second to issue an ITP and we did not
> realise this until it was too late. For this reason, he could not find a
> sponsor on -mentor and -perl. (ITP hijack). Now, a few weeks later,
> there is no alternative libsvg-perl on mentors.d.n, nor in the NEW
> queue.

David needs to send a message to the ITP bug and Jose to ask about the
status of the package. If no response is forthcoming, then someone may
be willing to sponsor it or incoroporate it into the Debian perl
project.

But regardless, the first step is to actually send mail to Jose and
the ITP; only then can hijacking be contemplated.

Don Armstrong

--
Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you. If you don't
bet, you can't win.