Re: Packaging a CGI with modules? -- Try Module::Build!

Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> In the end, I have to wholeheartedly agree with Martín Ferrari: Perl's
> MakeMaker and similar tools (Module::Build, Module::Install, etc.) are
> great for modules, but suck for complex setups. But that's where you
> use debian/rules ;-)

MJ, Gunnar, Martin, what MJ is trying to do may be awkward to achieve with
MakeMaker, but it's a breeze with Module::Build (don't know about Module::
Install, but I guess it can do it easily, too).

For example, look at this package of mine, which can be installed
"manually" via Module::Build but also has debian/ infrastructure built on
top of that:

  http://www.bitshapers.com/thingy
  http://dev.bitshapers.com/source/thingy/trunk/
  http://dev.bitshapers.com/source/thingy/trunk/Build.PL?view=auto

(I could have suggested other packages that actually are in the Debian
archive, such as courier-filter-perl, but that's not a CGI app, and thingy
is the one with the most comprehensive Build.PL I can offer.)

Julian.