Re: Packaging a CGI with modules?

Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> wrote: [...]
> Why not /usr/lib/cgi-bin, the designated place for CGI scripts?
> (this is what I do for openguides).

In short, how do you reference that from Makefile.PL using $(INST...)
and similar?

(Through $(INST...) and friends, MakeMaker also supports installations
in /usr/local and /home, and reduces the assistance required from me
for RPMs and Win32, so I'd really like to use it as a base.)

If it can't be done from Makefile.PL, I'm happy to move them there
with a mv in debian/rules.

> [modules] why should they not live in /usr/{share,lib}/perl5, the
> designated place for them? (this is what I do for openguides)

Yes, I'm pretty happy to put the modules in the usual perl paths AFAP.

Many thanks,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.