Handling config files

Hi all,

I've got a Perl app which I'm trying to package up, generically, and for
Debian at the same time.  I've been in #d-p a bit and had good help, but it's
quiet ATM so I thought I'd write here.

My package is nearly ready, except:
dpkg-deb: conffile `etc/myprogrc' does not appear in package

This is fair comment as I don't handle installation of said file in
Makefile.PL.  I'm trying to use MakeMaker rather than dh_install, to make the
package more generic.  Is there a directive I can include in Makefile.PL to
get this file installed to the right place?  If not, do I have to put a
directive in debian/myprog.install?  What's the best way to do this?

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thanks,

Antony