(not in the archive)

libxml-libxml-xpathcontext-perl
Maintainer: Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@debian.org>
(not in the archive)

liblogger-syslog-perl
Maintainer: Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@debian.org>
Uploaders: Debian Perl Group <pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
[...]

Gunnar, Alexis, Kjetil - could you please comment on the idea of
having the Maintainer field set to the DPG for these packages (and
maybe on the status of the not uploaded package while we're at it
;-))

I'm perfectly OK with the idea of letting the team hold the Maintainer place for these packages.

I did upload the packages a couple of months ago, but they didn't pass the NEW queue because of the name of libxml-libxml-xpath. After a discussion with the FTP masters, we went through an agreement. I was then in a lack of free time, on the freeze came.

I was also told that libxml-libxml-xpath will be (when ?) included in libxml-perl. I don't know the current status of that.

Moreover, I was needing those libraries for backup-manager, but in the next upstream release of backup-manager, the Amazon S3 support will be completely rewritten, and I won't need libnet-amazon-s3-perl anymore.

As far as I know I'm the only maintainer that needs that Perl module for satisfying a package dependency.

Regards,

--
Alexis Sukrieh