Re: Maintainer field

On Tue, 29 May 2007 21:16:45 +0200
gregor herrmann <gregor+debian@comodo.priv.at> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 May 2007 05:18:42 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
>
> > I took the opportunity to check the Maintainer: and Uploaders:
> > fields in the packages in our repo. Here's a list of the packages
> > where Maintainer: is not set to
> > "Debian Perl Group <pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>":

> > I suggest that you ask explicit permission from the person in the
> > "Maintainer:" field before doing this change.
>
> Sure, I'll cc the affected persons now.

> > libtext-vfile-asdata-perl
> > Maintainer: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
> > (archive: Maintainer: Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>)
>
> I still have no idea what this package is doing in our repository;

I assume you mean debian-perl - in which case I can only presume that
libtext-vfile-asdata-perl was considered and then got left behind. I
don't know why.

> looking at the svn log (injected by Kjetil on 2006-12-01) and the
> package's ITP/changelog (ITP'd by Neil on 2007-01-04, uploaded on
> 2007-01-09) it seems that Kjetil started to package it but Neil
> correctly ITP'd it, uploaded it and now maintains it. - Kjetil, Neil,
> is this correct?

That about sums it up. I maintain it only because it is a dependency of
my own upstream Perl package: libxml-qofqsf-perl (XML::QOFQSF). It's
not a problem.

> If so I'll move it to attic/ - unless Neil joins our friendly group
> of course ;-)

Ummm, I've got quite enough going on right now. If it helps you to move
libtext-vfile-asdata-perl out of the debian-perl repo, that's fine -
I'll take good care of it, promise.
;-)

(I do use perl for other packages and I have one other CPAN package but
most of my work is actually in C.)

--

Neil Williams