liberror-perl in Etch

Dear Clint,

Following up on my comment in bug #383606, I would like to ask again if you'd consider upgrading the package liberror-perl to it's latest version on CPAN. There have been several new releases of Error.pm on CPAN, containing many bugfixes and some important improvements such as handling uncaught exceptions.

Having asked, I would like to note that the packages looks a tad unmaintained. Please consider handing over maintenance of the package to the Debian Perl Group if you think you haven't got the time to update and/or maintain the package. Alternatively, the group could act as a co-maintainer for you, would you be willing to join the group.

Last but not least, I would like to offer an NMU if you don't feel like carrying over or sharing maintenance, but are just short of Debian time at the moment.

In short: let's get Error.pm updated in unstable! :)

Kind regards,

Allard Hoeve
Debian Perl Group

PS: Even one of the authors asks for an update of the Debian package in
    bug #383606 :)