Re: Help, better description

gregor herrmann wrote:
On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 07:57:24PM +0100, Krzysztof Krzyzaniak wrote:

Could someone help and provide better/fixed short and long description? I know what this module do but as not native english it's quite hard to me write proper description.

I'm not a native speaker too, but here are my thoughts:
Package: Better replacement for Test::More::use_ok

I think the short description should actually say what the package
does. If I understand http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Test-Simple-0.62/lib/Test/More.pm
correctly the short description could be something like this:
  Tests if a Perl module loads ok.
Test::use::ok is improved version of Test::More::use_ok. It don't demand
                  ^                                            ^
                  an                                        doesn't

from user to remember about putting 'use_ok' in BEGIN clause.
       ^
the
With this module, simply change all use_ok in test scripts to 'use ok', and they will be executed at BEGIN time. The explicit space after use makes it clear that this is a single compile-time action.

I would shorten the long description to something like this:
  Like Test::More::use_ok Test::use::ok can be used in test scripts to
  check if a module loads ok but its usage is less error-prone.

Well, that was the contribution in en_AT :-)

Sounds nice to me. Thanks!

  eloy
--

       jak to dobrze, że są oceany - bez nich byłoby jeszcze smutniej