Re: Orphaning my packages

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:59:11 -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> * sendemail -- does what it says.
> -- Small and written in perl -- maybe the Debian Perl Group would like it?

AFAIK at the moment the DPG only maintains Perl modules.

> Meanwhile, I don't suppose I could convince the Debian Perl Group to pick up
> some of the *other* orphaned perl libraries?.....  ;-)

I know I know :-)

> The ones I've noticed on a quick run through the orphaned package list are:
[long list]
> These perl modules constitute more than 10% of the orphaned packages.
> (I suspect some of them may be obsolete or folded into the main Perl
> distribution or other perl modules.  Perhaps at least these could be
> identified and removal bugs filed.)

I, too, guess that some old packages are not really needed (otherwise
someone would have adopted them ;-)) but I guess the list is worth a
second look.

Other opinions?

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Peter Jones: Let's Drink To The King