Re: Your opinions on low-NMU treshold

Julian Mehnle dijo [Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 10:05:01PM +0000]:
> I applaud the increasing tendency of Debian maintainers signing up for the
> low-threshold NMU list.  But I think the group already serves as an insti-
> tution to distribute the responsibility among many persons.  I'd support
> signing up the entire group, too, as long as any NMUers commit their NMUs
> to the group's Subversion repository.
>
> If that's impossible without being a member of the group, then I am against
> it.  The group should not have to continually track, and reproduce in the
> repo, NMUs, which are bound to happen relatively frequently given the
> large number of packages maintained by the group.

Hmmm... Well, that's strange, as you are basically requiring every NMU
to be done by somebody _in_ the group.

Remember that NMU'd bugs are not marked as closed, but as fixed, and
they still appear in our group's QA page [1]. If the NMU uploader
works as he should, he will send a proper patch to the BTS, and we
will find it. And if we don't care to look for the open bugs in our
packages every now and then, it's not much of a difference if he
uploads to the 7-day delayed queue (standard procedure) or straight to
incoming (low treshold), aas we won't probably take note until the bug
fix is in.

I don't know... Please ellaborate :) Right now, you are the only one
opposing this idea - but I'd like to act on consensus, not on
majority. Democracies suck!

Greetings

[1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org&comaint=yes

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23