Re: FTWCA Policy Section 7.6 (Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep)

Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> writes:

> I hope not.

> While I [now] see a comment in the dh_movefiles manual page about
> dh_install, replacing the dh_movefiles line with

>   dh_install --sourcedir=$(tmp) usr

> kind of defeats the purpose, since the empty dir is copied.

You can work around it by just always adding:

	rmdir --ignore-fail-on-non-empty --parents $(TMP)/usr/lib/perl5
	rmdir --ignore-fail-on-non-empty --parents $(TMP)/usr/share/perl5

to the install target after make install.  Judging from the comment in the
dh_movefiles man page, an option to dh_install that doesn't install empty
directories might be the best way to move forward with the same general
functionality.