PPPP (was: FTWCA Policy Section 7.6 (Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep))

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:38:11PM -0500, Carlo Segre wrote:

> Quite a number of the Debian Perl packages are on this list.  How shall we
> handle this.  I can (and mostly have) take care of the ones I am most
> responsible for but should I use some spare time to fix others?

That brings me to share another idea:
Now that the release of etch is nearing (well, sort of ...) I've been
thinking about a PPPP (Perl Packages' Polishing Party).

With "Polishing" I mean to bring all Perl modules up2date, i.e.
* Standards-Version 3.7.2
* Debhelper compatibility level 5
* Homepage in debian/control
* watch file (existing and accurate)
* Build-Depends-Indep
* new upstream versions
* ...

Cf. also
http://lintian.debian.org/reports/mDebian_Perl_Group.html
http://dehs.alioth.debian.org/maintainer.php?maint=pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org

I know that Debian is more about doing stuff than proposing it ;-)
and I'm willing to do part of this work, but I wanted to check
* if others consider this useful
* if some DDs from the DPG would be willing to check and sponsor
  these changes.

What do you think about shiny new Perl modules' packages?

[Leaving for further reference:]
> >[3] http://people.debian.org/~madcoder/policy_7.6_violation.txt

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Flying Pickets: Blowing Away