Re: dh-make-perl on HTML::Widget fails

Adam Sjøgren wrote:
  Hi.

[I hope it is okay to ask this here; feel free to direct/correct me.]

I'm trying to roll my own libhtml-widget-perl using dh-make-perl, but
I get this odd error:

 $ dh-make-perl --build --cpan HTML::Widget
 [...]
 HTML-Widget-1.03/t/filter_trimedges.t
 HTML-Widget-1.03/t/filter_uppercase.t
 HTML-Widget-1.03/t/filter_whitespace.t
 Found: HTML-Widget 1.03 (libhtml-widget-perl arch=all)
 Unquoted string "name" may clash with future reserved word at /home/asjo/tmp/deb
 /HTML-Widget-1.03/Makefile.PL line 3.
 String found where operator expected at /home/asjo/tmp/deb/HTML-Widget-1.03/Make
 file.PL line 3, near "name 'HTML-Widget'"
         (Do you need to predeclare name?)
 String found where operator expected at /home/asjo/tmp/deb/HTML-Widget-1.03/Make
 file.PL line 4, near "all_from 'lib/HTML/Widget.pm'"
         (Do you need to predeclare all_from?)
 Error: syntax error at /home/asjo/tmp/deb/HTML-Widget-1.03/Makefile.PL line 3, n
 ear "name 'HTML-Widget'"
 Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Module/Depends/Intrusive.pm li
 ne 76.

 $

If I thereafter go to the source-directory and manually execute "perl
Makefile.PL", I do not get any errors:

$ perl Makefile.PL Cannot determine perl version info from lib/HTML/Widget.pm
 *** Module::AutoInstall version 1.01
[..]

It's beacue dh-make-perl doesn't support Module::AutoInstall modules.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the error/how to fix/debug it, any
pointers/ideas?

I have this packaged for Catalyst Team. I will make ITP soon. If you want to you can grab sources from http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-catalyst (svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-catalyst/), wait for official package or just ask me for deb package :-)

  eloy
--

       jak to dobrze, że są oceany - bez nich byłoby jeszcze smutniej