Re: a guideline for dh-make-perl developper ?

Marc Chantreux dijo [Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:14:19AM +0200]:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to help to improve dh-make-perl. So i've tried to contact
> Gunnar Wolf and submited a first patch
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=309907).
>
> I really would like to do more but i've no feedback from the
> dh-make-perl developpers ( fixing bugs , adding error messages, .. ). Can
> Gunnar (or another developper) show me the way ?

Hi!

I'm sorry I didn't reply, I have been kind of overworked - Yes, that's
no excuse. In fact, I just noticed the bug report two days ago.

I want to play a bit with the patch you sent me - i.e., instead of
instructung the user to run Build.PL, running it ourselves to see if
it helps. I want dh-make-perl to be as complete and autonomous as
possible :)

Now, regarding any guidelines for this, I cannot give you much. This
program has been hacked together by several people already, and I am
still quite new to it... The logic is not too dense, but yes, many
areas need some reworking.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154