Re: glade-perl + question about package maintenance

my concern is that it creates memory leaks in the generated code.
I use it with user interfaces that need to run continuously, and this
is becoming an issue as I get freezes..

I have submitted a bug report
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=298089),
but the package maintainer does not seem very active ..

Which leads me to this question : what happens when a package
maintainer does not maintain his assigned packages anymore ?

Are they re-assigned to someone else ? Do they just remain in their possibly
broken state forever ?

What can I do to get some feedback on a problem with a package other than
file in a bug report and write to the maintainer (which I did, too) ?

thanks,

David.