Re: Joining the pkg-perl Alioth project; adopting libmail-spf-query-perl

Hi Julian,

welcome on board.

Am Mittwoch, den 30.11.2005, 02:16 +0000 schrieb Julian Mehnle:
> So adopting the package should be fine.
I hope so. There is no O bug against wnpp, and the cause of Chip's
departure is unfortunate. But on the other hand, he explicitly said that
his packages are orphaned, so you are probably fine to go ahead.

> A new release of Mail::SPF::Query is coming up soon, too.  It will resolve
> some of the bugs listed in the Debian bug tracker[5].
Great!

> M:S:Q has its own Subversion repository[6] so it shouldn't be necessary to
> add it to the pkg-perl repo, right?
The pkg-perl repo is for the package mainainership, so it is unrelated
to upstream's svn. As your work as a maintainer should only be on
upstream's released tarballs, you probably should not use their svn
anyways (unless, of course, you plan to package svn snapshots). So I'd
prefer if you treat that package like any other, using our svn
repository with svn-buildpackage and based on released tarballs.
(Unless, of course, I overlooked something)

Greetings,
Joachim

BTW: For human interaction, we use the debian-perl list. You said you
are subscribed, so I'll just reply to that one.
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer