Re: libtk-pod-perl update ready to upload

Carlo Segre dijo [Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:30:35AM -0500]:
> Thanks for the corrections.  I made the mistake of not double checking the
> build with pbuilder this time.  However, when I build the new version is
> seems to show the same error for Pod::Simple so that should be included in
> the Build-Depends as well.  My question is if the same packages need to be
> included in the Depends: as well.  After all if they are necessary to
> build the package, perhaps they are also necessary for its execution.  Is
> there an automatic way of getting these included or is a manual insertion
> required?

Hmmm... Usually, but not always. Sometimes, a module is required for
building (i.e. libmodule-build-perl, libmodule-install-perl) or for
running the tests (i.e. my libuser-simple-perl module build-depends on
libdbd-xbase), but are not needed during regular operation - But
usually a build-dependency in Perl becomes a standard dependency.

You can just grep for the module names in lib/*, but that's also not
foolproof...

> As for the change to the clean rule, I will make these changes to all of
> the modules I am working on.

Good, that will please our DPL ;-)

Greetings,

--