Re: What about perl-bug #279232?

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 08:36:05AM +0200, Henning Glawe wrote:
>it could be "fixed" by introducing a versioned pre-dependency of
>perl-modules on perl-base while letting perl-base conflict with too old
>perl-modules, which forces apt to update both packages together; this
>combination may be highly unstable (conflicts+pre-depends is a loop-like
>construct), but results in the right behaviour.

Given an alternate option I'd really rather not do this.  It seems
fragile at best, disasterous at worst.

Given the recent freeze announcement, I'd suggest that regardless of
what other fixes are made, a good first step would be to get a fixed
doc-base (i.e. one that works with the current stable perl-base only)
package into stable-proposed-updates *now*.

If nothing else, this reduces the size of the problem if there's a point
release prior to sarge.

--bod