problem with formmail script

Hi

I am not sure if this would be the correct list to ask this question but I am hoping someone could give me a clue as to a problem I am having.

I am administering a webserver running Debian Woody and since the end of December last year we have started to have intermittent problems with our formmail script. The script is the latest version of the perl version of the formmail script from Matts Scipt archives and had been running fine on this server for over a year. Since the end of december though we have been having intermittent problem where the script just appears to stop receiving variables from the shtml forms and we will just receive an email with the subject "Matt FM feedback form". The email just shows the default data from the script and none of the variables from the form:

"Here is the result of the Wilderness Appeal form submitted by [emailaddr - undefined] at Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:28:11 -0800

--- User information

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ppc; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041007 Debian/1.7.3-5

Remote Host: [REMOTE_HOST - undefined] 138.130.225.19"

If I restart apache manually the script will start working again and forms will be processed without any problems. I can't see anything unusual in the apache error logs, snort doesn't appear to show anything unusual and the ipaddresses are not the same so I don't think it is an attack against the form but I am not confident in my knowledge to be sure. I would like to switch to the nms-formmail program but they don't support gpg and we need that for some of our forms, although I have asked on the nms list if there is a way of doing this. I would really like to know what could cause this problem though. It is so inconsistent in that it works fine for 2,3,4 weeks and the it will fail and I will have to restart apache manually. It appears that the daily automatic restart doesn't fix it as the first time it happened was over the christmas new year break where it was about 3 days before I noticed the problem.

Would appreciate any clues that anyone could throw my way as everytime I have thought I had some idea as to why it might be the happening I have been confounded. All perl packages are up to date as is apache.

Thank you for any help
--
John Habermann

The Wilderness Society, Cairns