Re: getting dh-make-perl working

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 04:31:46PM +0100, Julian Mehnle wrote:
> dh-make-perl doesn't work properly with Module::Build just yet.  My advice
> is to forget dh-make-perl and design your own Debian package control
> files.  You can use those of one of my Module::Build-based packages as
> template:
>
>   http://search.cpan.org/src/JMEHNLE/Apache-Auth-UserDB-0.11/debian/

Thanks for that Julian.

But I remain confused on some very fundamental points.

For instance, if I hand build my rules file, how do "execute it"?
./rules doesn't work. And 'make a-rules-target' doesn't work because
make wants a file named Makefile.

Suppose I want to run with DH_VERBOSE=1. But right now, my debian/
directory and Makefile (not yet on Module::Build yet) are created AND
THEN EXECUTED before I can step in and say, whoa there cowboy, I want
some debug in my output.

It looks to me like the best way for me to do this is to just build
my debian/ directory from scratch. But then what do I DO with the
damn thing after I've built it?

Thanks,

Jens