Re: Perl Problems

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Jefferson Cowart wrote:
> (PowerPC Box)# ./selfscan.cgi
> Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at ../../lib/POSIX.pm
> (autosplit into ../../lib/auto/POSIX/getcwd.al) line 667.

It would be nice to see the selfscan.cgi script as well, but even
without that, the problem is most likely because you're using
something that depends on $ENV{PATH} without first sanitizing
$ENV{PATH}.

Most likely only one of the scripts is running with -T, or
setuid|setgid. [Unless there really is a difference in getcwd.al
between ppc and x86... I haven't seen it myself, though.]

Don Armstrong

--
You could say she lived on the edge... Well, maybe not exactly on the edge,
just close enough to watch other people fall off.