Old bug, old module - What should be right?

Hi,

I want to close a pretty old bug ( #41890! :-O ). It requires a minor
change in libapache-dbilogger-perl - Setting the column "user" to a
SQL-legal name (it seems it was meant for MySQL, which is quite
relaxed on what it accepts - I don't know if this problem would still
show up with a current Postgres, but using 'user' as a column name is
definitively not nice).

Apache::DBILogger is dead upstream (last activity seen in 1998). I can
make the change and get away with it, but existing users will be
bitten by it... This same version (modulo very minor maintainer
changes) is present in the Woody release, so it might be in widespread
use... I will add notice of my change to NEWS.Debian... Besides this,
does anybody think it should send a debconf note or something like
that, highly visible?

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5554-9450