Re: libdbd-sqlite-perl

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 12:20:13PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  I'd argue that:
>
>     Package: libdbix-searchbuilder-perl
>     Depends: perl (>= 5.6.0-16), libdbd-pg-perl | libdbd-mysql-perl |
>     libdbd-sqlite-perl | libdbd-informix-perl | libdbd-sybase-perl |
>     libdbd-odbc-perl, libclass-returnvalue-perl, libwant-perl,
>     libcache-simple-timedexpiry-perl
>
>  is wrong.  Yes, you need a DBD installed, but this doesn't mean that
>  the only DBDs are those available in Debian.

I don't understand why you think that is wrong. The listing is of the
DBD modules available in Debian with which DBIx::SearchBuilder is
actually able to work. There is only one other missing from that list
and that is the DBD for Oracle.

It would be great if there was a meta package that all the
libdbd-*-perl packages could provide, such as 'libdbd-perl'. That way
any package that needs a DBD would not have to list all the available
ones. It wouldn't help with DBIx::SearchBuilder though as it cannot
work with any DBD only specific ones.

Stephen