Re: libperl6-slurp-perl

Allard Hoeve dijo [Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 05:51:33PM +0200]:
> I have been using the Perl6::Slurp package for some time now and I would
> like to have this package included into sarge.
>
> Could one of you please take a look at my package that currently resides
> in the pkg-perl Subversion repository?
>
> It builds and is lintian clean. I've used it for two months now with no
> apparent bugs.
>
> Please find the upstream tarball here:
> http://search.cpan.org/~dconway/Perl6-Slurp-0.03/

Ok, I finally got to it, and I suppose I will upload it today. Just
FYI, it is Lintian-clean, but Linda still complains:

W: libperl6-slurp-perl; Module package has no dependancy on perl or perl-base.
 The module package shown does not have a dependancy on perl or perl-
 base. Perl may be marked Essential, but a dependancy is still required
 on it, according to Policy.

I am not changing your packaging, however - Linda wants it to depend
on Perl, but it _does_ depend (and build-depend) on
libperl6-export-perl, which depends on perl-modules, which depends on
perl. Does anybody disagree with this?

Now, I see your module does still not have an ITP bug. I am filing it
(and closing it in the changelog).

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5554-9450
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23