Re: HTML::Clean and IO

Kenneth Pronovici dijo [Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 09:14:06PM -0600]:
> [Not sure if you were expecting a reply from debian-perl or not...]
>
> This warning is due to a change in newer versions of Perl.
>
> Assuming that the statement is needed at all (?), the fix would be to
> change the "use IO" line to something more explicit, like "use IO::File"
> or "use IO::Scalar".  That will take care of the warning.

Hi,

Yes, I forgot to mention the reason I was CC:ing you. Yes, from what I
found I got the same conclusion... The thing is, I didn't find a
single reference to IO::anything in the code. I could use each of the
IO modules, but that would be completely unnecessary.

I have the impression, and I hope Paul can confirm or deny it, that
this was carried over from earlier versions of this module, and it
might not be used anymore. As I said, I commented it out and tried the
module on some of my files, and it worked fine.

Now, the module has not been updated for quite some time, and there is
a posibility that Paul's address isn't valid anymore. Would any of you
Debian-perl guys object if I remove the 'use IO' line completely if I
get no reply in, say, one week?

Thank you,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5554-9450