/usr/bin/perl: relocation error: /usr/lib/perl5/auto/DBI/DBi.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr

Dear List,

I'm a novice in perl programming.  In one of my project, I used
perlDBI to interface with a postGRE database.  It was okay earlier.
We put a hold on that project for around 4/5 months.  I don't
know whether someone upgraded perl or DBI.  While running the
script again, I have got the following error.

/usr/bin/perl: relocation error: /usr/lib/perl5/auto/DBI/DBi.so:
undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr

paq:~#dpkg -l perl\* | grep ^i
shows all are of same version 5.6.1-7
paq:~#dpkg -l libdbi-perl | grep ^i