Re: Am I too asleep? :-/

Joachim Breitner dijo [Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 10:41:29AM +0200]:
> Hi,
>
> no harm done, and thanks for fixing that bug. I just saw it before I left
> for the US for 4 weeks and didn't have the time to fix it.
> I guess it is kind of late, but is everything that the DPG cares about in
> proper shape for sarge?
> nomeata

I am very glad that Perl packages are arch: all - I would feel bad on
wasting buildd cycles on rebuilding just due to such a simple bug ;-)

About the work we must do for Sarge: Browsing the list of RC bugs [1],
there are few Perl packages, but there is work to be done:

Package: libconvert-uulib-perl (debian/main).
Maintainer: Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
  268100 [        ] convert::uulib: fails on file containing :0: at beginning of line

Package: libdbd-informix-perl (debian/contrib).
Maintainer: Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org>
  246347 [        ] [X] libdbd-informix-perl_2003.04-2(hppa/unstable):
FTBFS: missing build-depends?

Package: libvpopmail-perl (debian/contrib).
Maintainer: Pawel Wiecek <coven@debian.org>
  243007 [        ] [X] libvpopmail-perl_0.08-1(ia64/unstable): FTBFS: non-PIC in shared lib

Package: libxtm-perl (debian/main).
Maintainer: Alexander Zangerl <az@debian.org>
  249234 [        ] [X] libxtm-perl: conflicts with current perl, not installable

268100 is almost done, it seems.

246347 is also about to be closed, I am sending a message asking again
about it (the last activity on that bug was a message by the
maintainer asking for permission to close it 2 weeks ago)

243007 had its last activity over two months ago, and it also seemed
to reach a conclusion - I will ask the maintainer about it.

249234 was filed by Colin Watson, and only he has commented on it - We
are (as a team) not yet maintaining this package. I will mail
Alexander to ask for permission to include the package in
pkg-perl. The bug does not seem very difficult to solve, it's mainly
modifying some stale bits from debian/control (I just did
./Makefile.PL&&make&&make test and got 63% success - I will look into
it). Anyway, I might NMU this if I get no reply from Alexander soon.

Greetings,

[1] I am using the one at
    http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/debian/all.html -
    excluding non-US, non-free and similar