Apache::Request 2.x

[I'm not subscribed to debian-perl, please Cc any replies to me as well as
the list.]

Hi,

There currently is no updated Apache::Request for mod_perl 2.x in the archive
-- I've filed a bug on this (#225111) but the maintainer hasn't touched the
package in a year and a half (despite NMUs) and in general seems to be away.
Programming mod_perl 2.x modules without this module is rather cumbersome
(most notably since you have no sane way of calling param() to get out URL
parameters or web forms).

I've packaged it myself for internal use, but I have little experience with
Perl policy etc. -- I'm not a DD either, so I can't upload it (I'm in the NM
queue only waiting for DAM, though). Also, the package is IMO rather ugly
(debian/rules has to go through some hoops here and there, and it doesn't
exactly help that the same source package builds a shared library, a
Perl module _and_ an Apache2 module).

So, what I'm really requesting here is somebody as a kind of mentor, who
could look over (and sponsor, until I can do that myself) the package for me
before upload -- or optionally just package it him/herself (I could send my
package as a starting point). Is anybody interested?

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/