Re: Location of .pm for arch-dependent package?

It so happens that I had the exact same question. In scanning this mail list,
I found this thread. Otherwise I would be still trying to fix the warning
reported by lintian, namely the warnings,
package-installs-nonbinary-perl-in-usr-lib-perl5.

Even though this bug is one of many minor bugs, I would like to submit it. BTW: The perl ExtUtils::Install.pm package will install *.pm files to /usr/lib/perl5 if it finds a file in the build path blib/arch. Otherwise the *.pm files are installed to /usr/share/perl5.

> What should I do here?  Move the .pm files into /usr/share and file a
> bug against linda, or leave the files in /usr/lib and file a bug against
> lintian?  I don't see that the Perl policy has anything specific to say
> on this point (but I might have missed it).

Bah, I'd file a bug against lintian because lintian's maintainer
followed a dumb advice despite the disagreement of the perl maintainer.

Yes, do file a new bug about it, that is going to be good... a good way to
get yourself ignored at least.

A less frustrated advice would be to read about lintian-info (lintian -i)
and overrides.