Re: Perl 5.8.0

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 03:14:47PM +0000, Troy Leliard wrote:
> I have recently upgrade to perl 5.8.0 and now have run into all sort
> so of complications..for eg, apt-get no longer works (error is
> below).. any ideas on how to resolve this.  It appears as though
> apt-get is still referencing the old perl module (debconf/log.pm).

You have a locally compiled perl in /usr/local, but you need to ensure
that the Debian perl packages are still used when running package
maintainer scripts, or they won't be able to find Debianized perl
modules like those in debconf. Removing /usr/local/bin from $PATH is
probably the easiest approach.