Re: RFS: libogg-vorbis-header-perl

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 03:43:29PM +0530, Amit Shah wrote:
>I've kept the architecture field in the control file as any. It has some
>inline C code, hence I guess it should be built from source for each
>architecture; though the module itself is arch-independent. Hence, I've
>installed the module in /usr/share. linda, however, complains:
>

>E: libogg-vorbis-header-perl; Architecture-dependant file in /usr/share.
>W: libogg-vorbis-header-perl; Architecture-depedant package installs into /usr/share/perl5.
>W: libogg-vorbis-header-perl; Architecture-depedant package installs into /usr/share/perl5.
>W: libogg-vorbis-header-perl; Architecture-depedant package installs into /usr/share/perl5.

Linda is correct.  Arch-specific files such as:

  /usr/share/perl5/auto/Ogg/Vorbis/Header/Header.so

must not be under /usr/share.

>Should I repackage this in some other way?

Yes, change the install line in debian/rules from

  $(MAKE) install PREFIX=$(TMP)/usr INSTALLVENDORARCH=$(TMP)/usr/share/perl5

to just

  $(MAKE) install PREFIX=$(TMP)/usr

and the files will be installed where they should be.

--bod