Re: O: libapache-request-perl

Howdy,

re:

> > Package: wnpp
> >
> > Maintainer appears to be MIA - has not responded to bug reports on this
> > package in almost one year.
> >
> > Orphaning this package so that someone active can take it over.  I will
> > do so if no one else is interested.

I don't know what brand of crack they hand out in hijacking school
these days, or much about this years fashion in diplomacy, but did
you ever think of, uh, asking, before forcibly orphaning someone else's
package or assuming things about them?

This package is perfectly functional in its current form and until your
flurry of 'activity' it had a perfectly functional maintainer keeping it
in the archive.  How do you think orphaning it and holding a fire sale
improves on that when noone has ever asked to take it over?  There is a
big difference between active and frantic.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 07:19:52PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Yup... The package seems quite simple - Ivan, do you want to take it? Do
> you want me to take it? I just got approved into Debian and... Well, I
> am not too busy with the little packages I have ;-)

Gunnar, I'd be delighted if you want to spend time on this package, I've
no real use for it myself anymore, its completely trival, and gets
about 5 emails a year.  Mainly it just needs a developer/user if its
to stay up to date.  If you're a dd and you'd like to adopt it, you've
got my blessing, I'll presume that unlike some you're still current
with the protocol and know what to do.  If you'd like to just NMU and/or
add yourself as comaintainer, I'm cool with that too.

Otherwise this package still has a maintainer, thanks for asking...

  Ron

  (waiting for the NM with enough insight and humor to request mia@d.o)