Re: perl-5.8 @ testing

Joey Hess wrote:
> Christian Hammers wrote:
> > Will perl-5.8 go into testing? If so, when, and why is it still not
> > there even if seems ok according to
> > http://qa.debian.org/developer.php/developer.php?excuse=perl
>
> There are probably still some perl modules that need to be recompiled on
> some arches and/or have RC bugs. See my prior posts. It's probably also
> waiting on a new libc to get to testing.

I was under the impression that, as Christian pointed out a week
ago, perl-5.8 is blocked per #164774, pending a new libdb4.0
upload with the Priority changed from "optional" to "standard".
There has been no such uplad yet though, and until then #16774
needs to be re-opened.

Last I see, Matthew is still claiming (as he has for several months)
that autoconf is broken -- though last communication (as of Oct 15)
on #164774 makes that sound like a bogus claim, and that his problems
are the result of using a non-packaged autoconf.

Any new libdb4.0 upload will also need to address its current
build breakage per #166620, which means inclusion of the thus
far ignored patch submitted in #160129.