Re: libwww-perl

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 09:56:05PM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
>>    Has anyone had any luck building libwww-perl against perl 5.80
>> yet?
>
>Check http://ftp-master.debian.org/~bod/perl/pool/libw/libwww-perl/

Everything from that pool with the exception of libwww-perl was pushed
into unstable last night.  libwww-perl was omitted by request of Joey,
who made the NMU:

   "I've uploaded libwww-perl since a lot of stuff needed it, but it
    fails some regression tests and should be kept out of the main
    archive, please."

The current version fails one test.  There is a newer version (5.65)
available upstream which appears to build cleanly; the changelog reads:

    Make HTTP::Date compatible with perl 5.8.

>Incidentally, the libdbi-perl there has a lower delta (1.1) than the one
>in sid (2).

Entrirely possible.  In any case that staging repository is now gone.

--bod