Re: Perl 5.8.0

Le Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 10:22:52AM +1000, Brendan O'Dea écrivait:
> My plan was actually to set up a staging area in my home directory on
> people.debian.org and upload the packages I'm preparing to there.

That's an idea, too.

> The principal reason for this staging area is to ensure that the perl
> packages build cleanly for all architectures and to iron out any
> packaging glitches.

Okay, but how will you test that perl builds for all architectures ?
Manually ? Or wll you ask the porters to test for you ?

> In addition I had in mind a small script run by cron to sweep packages
> from a Debian group writable ~bod/incoming directory into a mini-pool
> under ~bod/public_html/perl and build Packages/Sources.

As long as you keep the changes files when moving/linking the packages,
that's ok with me. :-)

> *After* that time the whole lot could be dumped into incoming and if
> necessary a NMU party for binary modules could be held to fix the
> remainder.

Great, when you send your mail to d-d-a, please inform the maintainers of
that NMU party explaining that anyone that hasn't provided an updated
package during the two weeks, will be NMUed without notification unless
he publicly expressed on debian-perl that he will take care of the
package himself a little later.