Re: updating perl in potato

Moin Thomas Reifferscheid,

> How to update perl in potato ?
> Yes, I want to use perl-5.6.1 and I want
> to stay with potato. So how to do it ?

  install it as /opt/perl-5.6.1 and use the following trick in your .bashrc

      alias opt-perl='. /home/kraehe/.opt_perl'

  now /home/kraehe/.opt_perl is :

      [ -d /opt/perl-5.6.1/bin ] &&
              export PATH=/opt/perl-5.6.1/bin:$PATH

  everything is fine after a

      sudo chown kraehe.staff /opt/perl-5.6.1

  and i never need to become root again for perl and can use CPAN as I
  want and leave the Debian installed perl Debian maintained.

  trust me - an /opt/perl or ~/perl is the easiest solution.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:kraehe@copyleft.de             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.6'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM