Re: Changes to perl-base contents for 5.6.1

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 11:51:18PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
>Brendan O'Dea wrote:
>> Specifially I would like to drop the following modules from perl-base:
>>
>>   POSIX

>IIRC, debconf uses quite a bit of POSIX. Let's see..

>Well, less than I thought. I use it for locale stuff (setlocale), that
>wacky ceil thing (which I could easily rewrite to use int instead, I'm sure),
>and some temp file things. I'd be glad to use a different temp file
>generator, if I could find one that let me specify an extention (this is
>required).

Drats.  OK, well an alternative which occured to me was that I could
make a small POSIX::Base (or something) XS module for -base which
provided setlocale, LC_MESSAGES, tmpnam and whatever else was required.

An alternative for tmpnam would also be to call tempfile(1).

Regards,
--
Brendan O'Dea                                        bod@compusol.com.au
Compusol Pty. Limited                  (NSW, Australia)  +61 2 9810 3633