Re: lintian goes wild?

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Joey Hess wrote:

> Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > #define __NR_olduname           109
> > #define __NR_iopl               /* 110 */ not supported
> > #define __NR_vhangup            111
> > #define __NR_idle               /* 112 */ Obsolete
> > #define __NR_vm86               /* 113 */ not supported
> > #define __NR_wait4              114
> >
> > We need to fix the kernel (again)?
>
> Yep, looks like exactly it. Either the kernel needs fixin, or h2ph needs
> to deal with it.

Actually, just h2ph.

I'm fairly certain some c standard says something about comments inside
#defines.

>From what I recall, current standards say comments are removed first, then
macros are defined/expanded.

This implies this wasn't always the case.

However, the kernel depends on gcc, which is recent enough to allow the above.
So anything that would parse these files needs to support the same parsing
semantics.