Embedding in shared library blues

perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts currently gives me this:

-rdynamic  -L/usr/local/lib /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a \
 -L/usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/CORE -lperl -ldl -lm -lc -lcrypt

For one thing, I don't really know why it wants to give us -L/usr/local/lib,
but that's ok.  I can live with that.  DynaLoader, however, is a problem -
it's not PIC, but libperl is.  I'd much rather keep modperl entirely PIC,
and this is what seems to be stopping me at present.  Any ideas?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team