Re: apt-get trouble

Stephen E. Hargrove wrote:
> I'm have a heck of a time with apt-get following a manual install of
> perl-5.6.1.  Following is a transcript of the errors.  As you can see,
> /usr/share/perl5 is included in @INC (and I've verified that DebianNet.pm
> exists in /usr/share/perl5).

That's odd, it exists in /usr/lib/perl5/ here, not haveing been moved to
share yet. And I am current with unstable. That directory is not in your
@INC. Your @INC should be:

    /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.0
    /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.0
    /usr/lib/perl5
    /usr/share/perl5
    /usr/lib/perl/5.6.0
    /usr/share/perl/5.6.0
    /usr/local/lib/site_perl
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.6/i386-linux
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.6
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux

> debconf: Perl may be unconfigured (Can't modify goto in lvalue subroutine
> return at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Base.pm line 24, near "}"

You may manage to shut perl up by removing the ": lvalue" in the
abovementioned file, I dunno.

Does anyone on debian-perl know if perl 5.6.1 has added this weird lvalue
goto diagnostic? If so, I should probably change debconf to not use lvalues
in my AUTOLOADs..

--
see shy jo