new perl debs available

There are new debs (and src) available.

You can get it at either:
deb http://people.debian.org/~torin/experimental ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~torin/experimental ./

deb http://www.daft.com/pub/debian/experimental ./
deb-src http://www.daft.com/pub/debian/experimental ./

As you might guess, the first sent would probably be faster.

I've had to be rather forceful in getting rid of the alternatives.  I
had to set the alternatives to auto, then remove it for all three
versions and then possibly link the 5.6 version back in.

Here's an example:
  update-alternatives --auto   suidperl
  update-alternatives --remove suidperl /usr/bin/suidperl-5.6
  update-alternatives --remove suidperl /usr/bin/suidperl-5.005
  update-alternatives --remove suidperl /usr/bin/suidperl-5.004
  test -x /usr/bin/suidperl || ln /usr/bin/suidperl-=version= /usr/bin/suidperl

This has been done in the postinst of the various packages.  I couldn't
figure rhyme or reason as to when I needed to use --auto or when the
executable would just vanish...

Please test this and tell me what you find.  If no one has problems with
it by Wednesday afternoon, it will be uploaded to auric.

BTW, I've also fixed a variety of other bugs:
   * put parentheses on the end of the call to _PATH_LOG in Sys::Syslog so
     that it works.  (closes: #76966)
     Remove references to syslog.ph - 07_syslog_path_log.
   * The debug target now uses ./Configure -deS to make it not look for a
     tty. (closes: #77009)
   * Fix make.base so it works for the newer version number. (closes: #47204)
   * Add base.pm to perl-5.\d+-base for debconf (closes: #77145)
   * Add XSLoader.pm to perl-5.\d+-base.  Many module authors thought Dynaloader
     took to much memory; XSLoader is a much smaller version. (closes: #77280)
   * Add File::Glob to perl-5.\d+-base so those scripts using globbing work
     under 5.6.  (closes: #77384)
   * Add libdb2-dev to the Build-Depends list.  (closes: #77758)
   * Downgrade perl-5.\d+-suid to optional.  (closes: #77841)
   * Only mention the problem with updating to the new Berkeley DB format
     if upgrading.  (closes: #76425)
   * 5.6.0-3 fixed the include paths already.  (closes #76421)
   * Change the documentation of AutoLoader to not suggest testing against
     the text of an error message.
     Change those places in Perl where an AUTOLOAD method does so.
     08_autoload_not_anglocentric (closes: #75256)
--
<torin@daft.com><http://www.daft.com/~torin/> <torin@debian.org><perl@slut.org>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-206-ELF-LIPZ