minimal test case; perl bug

reassign 76900 perl-5.6-base
thanks

I have a minimal test case for this bug report now, and it's pretty
obviously a bug in perl. Here goes:

joey@gumdrop:~>cat repro
$_=("\n" x 5).' '.("\n" x 97)."x\nA\n";
m/^\s*A/m;
joey@gumdrop:~>perl-5.005 -w repro
joey@gumdrop:~>perl-5.6 -w repro
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at repro line 3.

$_ obviously set, so this is a bogus warning. Moreover, if I change the
string in $_ in one of many little ways, it doesn't display the error
(for example, change the 'x 5' to 'x 6', and it no longer complains. Of
course, apache.conf happens to follow the same general format, with comments
and directives and stuff where I just put newlines, and so it triggers
this bug..

--
see shy jo