Date::Manip [Was: Re: 67047]

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 05:19:08PM +0000, Lazarus Long wrote:
>reassign 67047 perl5
>
> > I guess we can close this or reassign it to perl? Would you pls do
> > one of both for me? thanks.

>From the bug report:

>ERROR: Date::Manip unable to determine TimeZone.
>         Date::Manip::Date_TimeZone called at
>/usr/lib/perl5/Date/Manip.pm line 624
[...]

This would appear either to be a Date::Manip bug, or a problem with your
configuration.  Date::Manip attempts to determine the local timezone
from a handful of places (/etc/TIMEZONE, $TZ, etc.), falling back to the
5th field of the output of the date command when all else fails.

What is the output of date when run from a similar crontab entry to your
fwctl report?  Does the 5th field give a valid timezone?

Does:

  $ perl -MDate::Manip -le 'print ParseDate \
      `date --date "1 hour ago" "+%Y-%m-%d %H:00"`'

croak with a similar back-trace when you invoke it from the command
line?  From cron?

Regards,
--
Brendan O'Dea                                        bod@compusol.com.au
Compusol Pty. Limited                  (NSW, Australia)  +61 2 9809 0133