Re: this whole stupid thing (was Re: State of the Art wrt XML/XSL.)

Le Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 10:35:17AM -0400, Fred Reimer écrivait:
> Wow!  I'm only getting 6.4KB/s download from daft.com where I get over
> 240KB/s from the official Debian sites.  If you want any level of
> testing for this new version of Perl then I'd suggest you move it to
> unstable ASAP.  I doubt the majority of people using unstable will be

That's a pretty stupid remark. Move it to unstable right now if you want
to have a nightmare ... you should'nt move it to unstable until you
have a responsible that is willing to coordinate the upgrade. It would
be even better, if we could setup a staging area...

And for the time it takes downloading a package, if you can't wait 30
minutes for the download, I doubt you can afford the time to test the
package...

BTW, many people are working on Debian with a single modem connection
so we have no other choice than waiting the download.

> >   Get:1 http://www.daft.com ./ perl-5.6 5.6.0-0.1 [2875kB]
> >   Fetched 2875kB in 8m10s (5868B/s)
Here it looks like it took 8min and not an half-hour. :)