Segmentation fault occurs only under Debian Linux

It just occurred to me that this list might a place to ask...  My smtm
program (a small stock portfolio tool written Perl/Tk) received bug report
#55395 on a seg.fault when adding or deleting stocks, or rather when closing
the respective windows.  Details are in the bug report.  Now, because I

  i)  received confirmation that the seg fault never occured under Solaris,
      HP-UX, FreeBSD, Windoze, and worse, SuSE or RedHat Linux (!!)

  ii) was able to circumvent the seg.fault by commenting out the destroy()
      command

I have reassigned the bug to the perl-tk package, but haven't heard back from
Stephen.  I also tried to address it by grabbing the sources, applying the
Debian patch to a newer upstream tarball, and removing -O2 -g switches from
debian/rules.

No luck -- so I am at a loss here.  Any Perl wizards out here who could
supply some new ideas?

Thanks for any pointers,  Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.